Ellen Whitaker is a British Show-jumper, currently ranked 16th by the British Showjumping Association. She was born on 5th March 1986 and lives in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Ellen is the daughter of rider Steven Whitaker, and the niece of riders John Whitaker and Michael Whitaker.
Ellen Whitaker started competing at the age of five, and has since accumulating a great deal of experience in the equestrian world. According to Horse & Hound magazine she qualified for HOYS at the age of eight.
Ellen Whitaker represented Great Britain in the European Championships in 2007, helping her country qualify for the Beijing Olympics by jumping triple clear. Unfortunately she missed out on being selected for the Olympics due to her horse, Locarno 62, being lame.
Visit the News Page for all the recent Ellen Whitaker news.
Ellen Whitaker’s achievements to date include:
- Winner of the 2010 Hickstead Speed Derby.
- Winner of the 2009 HOYS show jumper of the year Grand Prix and Show Jumper of the Show.
- Winner of the HOYS speed stakes in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
- Winner of the HOYS 2009 Puissance.
- Winner of the 2007 Hickstead Speed Derby.
- Part of the European bronze medal winning team in 2007, and the silver medal winning team in 2003.
This website, www.ellen-whitaker.com, is dedicated to Ellen Whitaker. It is not affiliated in any way with her and is merely a fan site. We hope you find it useful.